New Background

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Warning: Being Bitter Gives You Wrinkles

Author note: Unfortunately for me, my learning curve involves doing things the "hard way." Luckily, I usually only get burned once until my little synapses say-"Hey lady, WTF?! That's HOT!"


While I understand that I am a 25 year old dorm dweller, I didn't understand that I would also return to the land of dorm politics. For those of you not lucky enough to experience these the first go around, let me refresh your memory:

1. Home sick and whiny.
2. Unable to leave high school and all this entails
3. New found freedom
4. Lonely in a new city
5. Dumb, dumber, and what the hell were you thinking?
6. Common sense and nonsense

While these seem like apt titles to any teen angst drama, they are currently my quarter life situation. I own up to two on the list-home sick and whiny and lonely in a new city. I feel like I got shit on by number 2. Oh dear Internet, I knew I was coming to Tampa, but I never saw a sign that said I was going back to high school politics. By this, I mean the mean girls club.

Allow me to digress for a moment, I have had plenty of experience with the mean girls club. I was a brand new nurse entering into the world of intensive care. Those girls are mean. Why? I don't know. I think it is equivalent to one part hazing, one part jealousy that the new blond nurse was also shacking up with the hot pharmacist, and one part bitterness in their own lives. Not to mention the additional flack I got for getting into CRNA school. Apparently, education is like anthrax to the mean girls club. And of course, there was always the mean girls club when I was actually in high school. But I block those memories like a bad dream.

I am now officially back in high school. Living in a little house with other girls is like being in high school. There is back stabbing, whispering, and secret meetings. Naturally, rumors are spread and claws are out.

I consider it my uphill battle towards better karma. I try not to be bitter (*see wrinkle comment above). If I have anything to be bitter about, it is having my heart torn in half and thrown all the way from Tampa to Phoenix. Currently, my IPOD mix consists of a repeating thread of Colby Callait's "I Miss Everything About You," and Heart's "All I Want To Do Is Make Love To You." Slightly masochistic, slightly soothing.

Rise above....rise above...

No comments:

Post a Comment