New Background

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Befriending a wildebeast

When I was a little girl, oh..probably kindergarten-ish or so, a woman approached my mother and asked her which child was hers. My mom pointed to me. The woman smiled and said, "Oh, she is lovely and so nice to everyone." I think that was my mother's shining moment.

Fast forward twenty-ish years and I feel like I am still that girl. I know I am. I try my best to be nice to everyone. And this has rewarded me with overwhelming joy but it has also blown up in my face from time to time.

Recently, I did something I felt was very nice and I honestly had no alterior motive. I thought I was truly helping a friend out of a sticky situation.

Side note: I have always felt the need to overcompensate and be too nice-it's really a fault. I don't know why I do this. I just want you to like me...you do like me, right?

Back on track-this nice deed blew up in my face so I told said person I could not longer do said nice task. Said friend must not really be a friend because me being nice (sans thank you for nice task...ever...) has turned into me being at eye level with Satan(or George W. Bush-you pick). Like I have said before, there are two sides to every story-obviously this is my blog (MINE MINE MINE) and if you are reading this you are probably either my friend or a complete stranger. Naturally, either of those would lead you to be on my side. Strangers love me.

However, I did not feel regret for loosing this friend. I felt....RELIEF. Sweet relief. I no longer feel like I have to tip toe said person.

I lost a friend but I gained Teflon. Let it slide off baby, let it slide.

No comments:

Post a Comment