New Background

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Motivational Speech, Part 1

One of the first things you will hear as a graduate student is, "Don't worry when you fail your first test." I was told this by doctors as I left the Heart Hospital and by upper class men at Midwestern. When the doctor at the Heart Hospital told me this, one of the nurses turned to me and with an icy glare sarcastically said, "Not Morgan, she would never fail." I knew from past experience and from her tone that nothing would make her happier than for me to fall on my face. So, I spent two weekends straight in the library. I got up early and stayed up late (okay, late for me!). And I held my breath while I waited for those test results...I passed. With great scores. Moral of the story, never let anybody tell you that you will fail. Because if you believe it, they win. I have never worked this hard for anything in my life...but I have never wanted anything more. Life is looking up for the Morrow's.

:)

2 comments:

  1. I have no doubt Morgan that you will do exceedingly well in whatever you set your mind to...especially this! You are a smart girl with a heart of gold! Congrats on passing your first test! I am so happy that things are looking up for you guys! Keep your head up and keep up the good work!

    Jamie

    P.S. I can only guess who the nurse is in your story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can actually think of quite a few nurses over my career who would say things like that, and in that way...ugh. Glad that you are doing well, glad that your mood is up, and that things are looking better!

    Now, go get in a fight at the dog park to relieve some tension!!! Or go work out or whatever...you prob don't have much time for all that now though...

    ReplyDelete