New Background

Monday, June 22, 2009

day 30, breakdown 2 and the letter that ruined my life..


I squeeze my eye lids together so tight that it hurts. "You make your own luck," I repeat over and over to myself trying to integrate it into my mantra list. But, as I learned today, sometimes one door closes so two doors can open (I think there is a law in physics for that too that I need to memorize by Thursday!). I imagine that I am one of those inflatable punching bags. The kind that you hit as hard as you can, but that keep popping back up no matter what.


The story:


I'm sitting in Biophysics today, surprised at how much I actually like physics. But suddenly, the small town feeling washes over me. I attribute this anxiety to the fact that today is the ABSOLUTE deadline for the bank. I have glimmers of hope rolled into threads of impending doom. So, I shoot my realtor a text message on my way to lunch.


(*actual text)

Hey Elise, has Analissa called yet? I'm getting some mega anxiety about the house. Morgan Morrow


Approximately five minutes later I get a phone call:

"Morgan, it's Elise. So, I have some bad news. The bank is refusing to handle your file because they are mad about a letter. Did you send a letter?"


Me:

"Yes, I sent an email to the advocacy department about three weeks ago but never heard back."


Elise:

"Well, they got the email and are pissed."


I'll spare you readers and paraphrase the rest of the conversation. Basically, my realtor claims an email I sent to Countrywide made them so upset, they refuse to deal with our file. My thought-seriously? How can one tiny, insignificant email tip the boat? Get my a life preserver because I off the ship.


I'm M-A-D:


1. I'm signing your paycheck realtor-why are you yelling at me?

2. An email CANNOT be the straw that broke the camel's back...what's really up? SHADY

3. See number one, SERIOUSLY!


So, Aaron and I are holding a family meeting to decide how we are going to proceed. I'm done. First, with our realtor for being so accusatory and disrespectful. Secondly, we've been dealing with this headache since February. As my nursing friends can attest,"dead meat don't beat."


Here is the email I wrote. What do you think? Was I overstepping my bounds (I already know the answer to that but reinforcement is always helpful).


Keep us in your thoughts. Through my morning runs, I have found a really CUTE neighborhood and some houses for sale. We are calling a new realtor that comes with the highest of recommendations from our new CRNA friends.



To Whom It May Concern,

I am writing this letter as a plee to help end my current situation. My husband and I moved to Glendale, AZ so I could continue my education in the health care field. We chose Arizona over our other options because we were able to buy a house here. On March 1, we made a reasonable, fair market offer on a house and on March 1, the seller accepted this offer. Since then, we have run into a variety of hurdles. Every time we have contacted our realtor for more information about our house, we hear the words "no update." My husband and I have since had to vacate our other home to move to Arizona. We are currently living in a hotel with our cat and Boxer. This is a very undesirable situation, as you could image. I have pleeded with our realtor many times to push our offer into a closing without much help. I have called Countrywide but I do not have the account number on the mortgage. I would appreciate any help I could get. This is the first house I have ever bought and I am so excited to finally have something that is my own.

The house in question is:

**********
Glendale, AZ
85310

and the seller's name is ********. I pray that this email reaches someone that can assist me to finally close on this house.

Thank you for taking the time to hear my story.

Morgan Morrow


**name/address obviously changed because I feel bad for the seller. He will foreclose his home if this doesn't go through.



Word to the wise:

Short sale=not short. Unless short means painful and long.

My realtor=would NEVER recommend her (so if you move to Phoenix-call me and I'll tell you who she is)



4 comments:

  1. Morgan....I am so sorry that the two of you are having to deal with such BS all while trying to stay focused on school! I DO NOT think your email was crossing any line at all! I think your realtor probably just got pissed because it makes her look bad to no fault of yours! I hope things work out and you and Aaron can find something and quick! You are in my thoughts!

    Jamie Wier

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I didn't think our society is too litigious, I would say you should look into suing that realtor.

    But I do think you should report her to every realtor association she belongs to, the BBB, and write something up on CitySearch. Well, have Aaron do all that. You have to study!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh believe me, i am a woman scorned. the arionza board of realtors is going to get an earful!!-morgan

    ReplyDelete
  4. i totally agree that it didn't sound like you overstepped your bounds, but I remember when we bought our first house how the realtor was very into what was 'correct' housing etiquette and what wasn't. Obviously contacting the seller on our own, contacting the other realtor, going by the house without her, etc. I don't know if there is a real reason for them to be this way, or if they are just trying to save their commission! If u are set on the house, which you probably have a bad taste for, can you just go through another realtor? Glad you are finding other houses that appeal to you though! Maybe you will be in by Christmas! hee hee....

    You are right though, keep your head, focus on school, and let the rest slide off you like water...

    michelle

    ReplyDelete