New Background

Monday, May 25, 2009

What to do when you have nothing to do...


"But its a dry heat," my Dad adds helpfully to end his phone call. Great, I think as I peer down at the truck's thermometer. 91 degrees and climbing. That probably explains this nagging cough I have developed since crossing the border. For now, I say, adios New Mexico as I check out my new surrounds. The recent rains have left a blanket of lush green surroundings. The journey here has been a long, bumpy road. Literally and figuratively speaking. It's hard to make the miles blur when the moving truck can only go 60 miles per hour. All the other cars fly by and curiously peer at us, wondering why we can't do the same. Fear, safely, and general exhaustion is our answer. We drive to our house but cannot unpack our things. Bank delay. It had been too easy to obtain a new home in a desired area. And for the girl who is used to getting her way, this is a good lesson in patience. I close my eyes and remind myself, "you create your own luck."

2 comments:

  1. hey it's michelle, night trav at HH, told you I would follow along and here i am...never knew u had such a humor either! although i didn't know u long...ever since u told me to just 'do it' regarding me going to school i have been investigating schools...i have no idea how you picked one...i have them narrowed down to 89 altho i haven't researched all of them yet!

    hope things r well with u and u are getting settled in, and what the heck about not being able to move in the house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle-one day I may actually blog about CRNA school (WHICH I LOVELOVELOVE!)but this house situation is in my forebrain. Good luck w/ school choice. I'd highly recommend Midwestern. Shoot me a message if you have questions. Morgan
    p.s. I thought everyone knew I was really rather witty! :)

    ReplyDelete